Tuesday, February 18, 2014

STAR STUFF: Carl Sagan and the Mysteries of the Cosmos


It has been well over two years since I started work on this picture book biography of Carl Sagan- the first picture book biography about him. I am proud to announce that it will be published in November of tho year- in time for Carl Sagan Day! 

I first heard of Carl Sagan from my dad. He gave me a book he was reading at the time- Broca's Brain by Carl Sagan. The Cosmos television series followed soon after- my world was changed forever. I was 12. 

This book is about finding our place in the Cosmos- about the great vastness of space, about looking up at the stars in wonder...about the BIG questions and about a young boy named Carl living in the Bensonhurst neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York looking up at the night sky and becoming enchanted by the stars...

I'm super proud of this book. A labor of love. 

No comments: