Monday, January 05, 2015

And Then I Got to See STAR STUFF: Carl Sagan and the Mysteries of the Cosmos in a Bookstore



Since the book came out in October and I was here in Mauritius, I had not yet walked into a bookstore and seen my book there. This is my local B&N where I got to share shelf space with friends like Sherry Shahan, Sharon Lovejoy and Jay Asher. The feeling of seeing my book there and to be among such company was gratifying and thrilling- and a bit surreal. As an aside, every B&N that Fred and I went to after that was sold out of STAR STUFF! 

Just before heading to Minnesota for Christmas, I stopped in at Tristam's school for a little author's visit- the kids made me these awesome stars ! One girl even drew an excellent portrait of Dr. Sagan. 

Tristam's wonderful teacher Rebecca organized a super fun time at the school. In almost every classroom I visited, the kids were talking about wanting to explore space and some of them talked about going to Mars.

No comments: